- The integrity of the company's quarterly financial results and related press releases;
- The integrity of the annual report, including the company's accounting and financial reporting policies and processes;
- A more in-depth review of specific accounting topics was performed for revenue recognition, provisions, accrual accounting and valuation of intangible assets, including goodwill;
- The integrity of the company's disclosure controls and procedures;
- Relations with the external auditor, including the scope of their plans, assessment of their independence, approval of their remuneration, and their annual reappointment;
- Review of external auditor management letter and actions taken by management to address the recommendations and observations of the external auditor;
- The role and functioning of the Internal Audit department (part of the Business Assurance team that coordinates oversight of the company's business risk management);
- The maintenance of an effective system of risk management and internal control relating to strategic, financial, operational and compliance risks;
- Compliance with the recommendations and observations of the internal auditor;
- The company's approach to financing, cash and foreign exchange management;
- The application of information and communication technology (ICT);
- The company's policy on tax planning and compliance;
- The company's approach to business conduct and ethics, as well as its approach to protecting and securing key company assets; and
- The tender of the external auditor, please refer to the section on Ernst & Young below.
In April 2014, the Audit Committee reviewed and updated the Audit Committee Charter. The Audit Committee Charter is available on the TomTom website.